Tuesday, December 13, 2011

32

Here we are girls. It’s my 32nd Birthday (almost). I’m not quite sure what we are doing today, but all I really want is a little peace and quiet, for you two to be happy and healthy, and for your father to be there with us in the same contentment. It’s a Wedsnday, and this is my new blog. Advice I’m going to give you whether you like it or not. As much knowledge of my accomplishments and my failures for you either to soak in, or ignore as much as you like. I know that you are listening when I speak to you, whisper to you, and even when I yell, you are listening. This is for you to read...over, and over, and over again.  As proof, or to jog you memory.

So here it is girls, I’m 32. There were points in my life I never thought I’d see 32. Times when I imagined my life much different, meanwhile dreaming of where I am today. Yes, as much as I wanted to be a world traveler, writer, painter, model, retired ice skater, teacher, and veterinarian  where I am today was my biggest dream.  A stay at home mom. Wait, a YOUNG stay at home mom.

Years ago, lets say, early teen years, I always figured I’d be a single mom before I was 25, whether by divorce or an unfortunate one night stand. Alone and doing it on my own or just alone, me, myself, and I. (Yes girls, this is a truth blog!).  The idea of being a stay a home mom, with a a loving husband, a house not made of tin,  dogs, cats, and whatever else I could really want, was a dream. It was what I knew. But Mama had dreams, and not much was going to stop me whether I knew it or not. Life guided me, sometimes, unknowingly to where I am today. I tried to travel as much as I could, but I really enjoyed having a roof over my head when I came home, so my job held me back there. Painting, well, I still dabble, but art school, while fun, was not my calling. Model, well, I would have been great, but my self confidence in that arena was lacking (but not in other more important arenas!). And retired ice skater, I was young and I was going to make up for what that blond bitch did to Nancy Kerrigan. Meanwhile, teacher and vet, well, it comes with the job of being a mother, either to our critters, or the ones I have produced. My two beautiful girls.

Today, I have all that I ever wanted, sure, I’d like to travel more, but I also like being right here in our home, creating memories you will never forget. Creating stability for you. Filling our house with books, movies, music, critter, holidays, pictures of family, laughter and love. So 32 is not all that bad. And not all that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment